ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Preamble: We support your right to free speech, privacy and unimpeded trade and will work with you to locate your machine in a jurisdiction that best facilitates your interests. This is known as jurisdictional arbitrage. Contact us for details. We encourage you to use PGP or GPG to communicate with us.
Acceptable Use Policy
The following terms constitute our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for all our services. Failure to adhere to the AUP could result in account termination, loss of service and cooperation with investigative agencies. The Acceptable Use Policy is in addition to our Terms of Service and is provided here for your convenience.
1. No SPAM: You agree not to send or facilitate any unsolicited bulk email.
2. No Cracking: No attempts at break-in to any machine connected to the Internet, or any attempts at Denial of Service (DoS), sending forged TCP/IP packets, port scans or any activity that could be considered hostile by a third party. Any violation will result in account termination without refund and full cooperation on our part with any investigation.
3. No illegal content: Including but not limited to child pornography, illicit drugs and terrorism and distribution of copyright protected material or computer viruses. Any violation will result in account termination without refund and full cooperation on our part with any investigation. Please contact us for case by case approval on gambling and adult pornography or other content that might be an issue.
4. No phishing: No attempt to create fake sites or attempts at obtaining the passwords of users at other sites. Any violation will result in account termination without refund and full cooperation on our part with any investigation.
5. No action that results in inclusion on IP blacklists such as Realtime Blackhole Lists (RBLs) for spam or threatens our connectivity to the Internet in any way.
6. No Open Relays are allowed. You may, however run a tor or i2p node. We can set up a secure tor node with AES encrypted disks and with access via ssh over tor. This arrangement provides you with the greatest freedom.
7. No Honeypots – creating nodes to attract attacks will not be tolerated.
8. You agree to maintain security: If you operate a colocated, dedicated or virtual server with us, you agree to implement good security practices. Failure to maintain security could result account termination or interruption of service. Good security practices include:
(ii) Correctly configured servers to prevent unauthorized access.
(iii) Up to date software on any services exposed to the Internet.
(iv) Maintaining an address such as firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for complaints.
9. Responsibility: You agree to be fully responsible for all activity and actions that originate from machines under your control, including traffic caused by DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks. If you anticipate DDoS attacks in the future, plan ahead with us to have appropriate defensive mechanisms in place to mitigate the costs associated with such attacks.
10. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify and defend Rayservers and its service providers from the consequences of your actions including all liability, penalties, losses, damages, costs, expenses, attorneys' fees, causes of action or claims caused by or resulting indirectly from your use of the service which damages either you, Rayservers and its service providers, or any other party or parties without limitation or exception. This indemnification and hold harmless agreement extends to all issues associated with your account, including but not limited to domain name used, site content and all network activity.
11. NO WARRANTY: Rayservers makes no warranties or representations of any kind for the services being offered. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title, non-infringement, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Under no circumstances shall Rayservers or its service providers be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages that result in any way from your use of or inability to use the service, or for third parties' use of the service to access your servers, or to access the Internet or any part thereof, or your or any third parties' reliance on or use of information, services, or merchandise provided on or through the service, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance. If you are dissatisfied with the service or any of its terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the service.
12. Backups: Your use of the service is at your sole risk. Rayservers is not responsible for files and data residing on your machines. You agree to take full responsibility for your data and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data on any dedicated or colocated server or virtual machine located with us.